Friday, December 26, 2008

Daddy had everything he wished for.

I thought it was all over. I was left with no choice but to give up Emily to her mother. The divorce has been going on for more than 5 years. And I have not seen or talked to Emily for 2 years. I always wonder how can a mother be so cruel to separate her child from her daddy. And until today, I still cannot understand what was the thing that I've done that is so bad to deserve this.

I married Emily's mummy when I was 26 in 1999. We went out for 1 1/2 years before decide to get married. I thought I was ready. Some people would say I'm too young but I already had most of the things people still never had late in their life. I had a stable carreer, easy job with good pay, I own a house and 2 car. I bought one for Emily's mummy. I had to sacrifice lots of things to achieve that but for me, it was worth it. Deep down, providing for the family is the most important thing. Later when I got married and had Emily, I had everything I wanted. A family.

I know if my current girlfriend - ML reads or knows about this she will be not happy. But I cannot ask for anything more than she understand why I need to write all this down.

Looking back at when I was 26, I was a complete nerd. I never gone clubbing, drinking or smoking. Spent most of my free time at home and save up my money. Some people will say I'm a miser - in fact many has but I earned it and I don't intend to splurge it for something unnecessary.

I was really happy when Emily was born. I had my doubts when Emily was born because I'm not sure whether I can provide the best for her. My biggest mistake in my life was to leave Emily with her grandmother to take care. Things would have turned out differently if I took care of Emily from young. That time, Emily grandfather (her mummy's father) passed away not too long ago. Her mummy convinced me to leave her there so that there will be someone to take care of Emily's grandma. I even hired a maid which was to take care of Emily and I left them. Her grandma is a teacher and in due respect, she has thought Emily well. Emily's English and grammer is outstanding. Until today, I'm still amazed at her English. Hardly any grammer mistake and the choice of words is good.

But good things never seems to last and things started to go downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment